i once had a wise teacher who told us he would have a "planner dump" every six weeks. he'd transfer all the notes, quotes, and things worth remembering into some place a little more permanent.
well, i feel like i've got something sorta similar going on with these scattered scribbles. it's been like...umm like 20 months comin. ha. we'll talk again in just shy of two years, i guess.
here you have it, my post-it dump:
- i still have promises to keep and miles to go before i sleep
- "we are ordinary people who must accomplish and extraordinary work." -bednar.
- Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind.
- youtube jen blosil. immediately.
- "Whoever persuaded all of us that allowing emotion to fill the voice, eyes, and face is unmanly is out of touch with the workings of a loving heart. Beyond any promise of protection, of health, or language ease, in the room last Tuesday night was the undeniable force that you are deeply loved, Elder Christensen, by the folks that matter. Surely that alone will persuade you to fall out of bed early every morning to be worthy of the confidence and blessings that are yours."
- to help man endure by lifting his heart, by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride and compassion and pity and sacriﬁce which have been the glory of his past. The poet’s voice need not merely be the record of man, it can be one of the props, the pillars to help him endure and prevail. -William Faulkner
- “Whatever our particular fields of scholarship, the real test is individual discipleship, not scholarship. But how good it is when these two can company together, blending meekness with brightness and articulateness with righteousness. Such outcomes only occur, however, when there is commitment bordering on consecration.” - A. Maxwell
- My definition of success is “being empowered to do what [you] previously thought was impossible and then to keep progressing far beyond anything previously attained” (Osguthorpe & Osguthorpe, 2008).
- Education is not the filling of a bucket, but the lighting of a fire.
- 99.100% of the time the answer that you need is in the counsel of your own letter.
- 1 sam 13
- you may as well go suck eggs
- Just open your eyes and expect the best. It will be yours.
- If you listen to all these songs you will be pumped on life. I promise. Here it is... Cage: I Never Knew You. Neon Trees: Animal. The Tallest Man On Earth: Burden Of Tomorrow. The Middle East: Blood. If These Trees Could Talk: Smoke Stacks. Crystal Castles: Alice Practice. Super Mash Bros: I Bleed Purple & Gold. The Avett Brothers: Tin Man. Andrew Bird: Sectionate Cit
ah. feels good. cohesion. i'll go ahead and get rid of the post-its, thank you very much.